Custom Industrial Equipment
Astro Engineering was founded in 1987 as a fabricator of custom industrial equipment primarily for the food processing industry. We have since expanded to a greater variety of industries. The types of industrial equipment we fabricate include machine frames, stainless steel tanks, screening and filtering equipment, stainless conveyor belting, spiral chutes, food dryer plates, and most recently, the industrial equipment for the railroad industry.
We are able to fabricate high-quality specialty products and component parts for the railroad industry. Astro builds high-tolerance steel parts for train systems that need unique, custom parts and equipment. Our scope of work for railways include (but not limited to) wagon parts, fresh and grey tanks, rail bracketry, rail switches, switch rods, rail crossings, sliding chairs, plus railroad cantilevers.
Our Trumpf TruPunch machine gives us sheet metal perforating capabilities. Combining perforating with the welding, laser cutting, forming and more, gives us the ability to fabricate complex designs all in our shop. This is why we are able to delight our clients in their needs for custom industrial equipment. Our work space is strategically filled with just the right metal fabrication machinery along with the know-how needed to fabricate in order to “Wow our Customers.” And that is exactly our goal.
We do our best work for:
- Engineering firms or teams that need specialized equipment built
- OEM’s in need of quality fabricated equipment and/or parts
Mostly in these industries:
- Food processing
- Automation and production equipment
- Material handling equipment
- Power generation, energy, and biofuels
- Municipal and industrial water
- Train, railway and railroad systems
The value we provide:
- One stop shop for most fabrication needs
- Certified, top of the line welding with CWI on staff
- Expert metal fabrication for stainless steel and aluminum
- Consistent quality by adherence to our certified QC program
- Shorter than average lead times and adaptability to customers’ timelines
- We are reachable and responsive. A live person answers our phones.
- Value engineering and design for manufacturing- ME and Drafting team on-site
- Knowledge and experience to bring success to our customers
- State of the art perforating (punching) capabilities
- CNC Forming, Machining, and Saw cutting
- Laser Cutting with Unattended Load/Unload System
- Partner with others for coatings, including powder coating, anodizing, and other applied finishes
- Can help meet diversity goals being a certified DBE, WBE, and TGB