Opening for a seasoned Tekla or SDS/2 Designer/Drafter at Astro Engineering and Manufacturing, a custom metal fabrication shoplocated in Hanover, MN. Must be proficient in either Tekla or SDS/2 for modeling and detailing of projects for miscellaneous metals in construction.
Responsibilities include (but are not limitedto):
- Transform an initial product concept or workoff Architectural dwgs to create 3D models using Tekla.
- Create manufacturing working drawings from3D models which include dimensions, isometric, and exploded views along withinformation required to manufacture.
- Detailing Stairs, handrail, miscellaneousmetals & ornamental metals. Comply with all applicable codes and contractspecifications.
- Create Approval, Fabrication, Erectiondrawings and Bill of Materials for misc. metal projects.
- Modifies existing designs based on ProjectManager requirements.
- Processes ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices)and update documentation.
- Check/redline the work of other Steel Detailers.
- Work within engineering team to prepare jobsfor shop release
Associate Degree in Drafting or a relatedfield of engineering.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Tekla or SDS/2
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes related to machining, sheet metal, and welding.
- Must be proficient in designing parts,weldments, and sheet metal parts.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong basic computer skills and acompetent level of experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks andwork well in a team environment
- Must have mechanical aptitude for how industrial / architectural products are assembled.
- Good verbal and written communication skillsand must have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.
- Work with project Engineers and Architectsto interpret/resolve design issues.
- Work closely with Fabrication tointerpret/resolve layout and/or detail issues.
- Perform field measurements to translate intocustom layouts and fabrication drawings, as required.