Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
If you’re looking for a growing company looking to expand your abilities in metal fabrication, look no further! We are a family-oriented employer and have fun outings with co-workers. We are friendly, relaxed, crafty, and an accelerated company! If you like furhtering your carerr, apply today!
Astro Engineering & Manufacturing, Inc. is a custom sheet metal manufacturer, focusing on two core market divisions: Industrial Equipment/OEM’s and Architectural Metal Fabrication. We are industry experts in both divisions and work primarily with stainless steel, aluminum, and Corten®. We make metal perform!
Entry Level Machinist capable of operating a variety of machinery. Candidate must be familiar with CNC vertical machining center. Other machining experience preferred, such as CNC lathe, and manual machining operations. Job will include operation of other equipment, sawing, strait line sanders, tube bender, and various other fabrication activities associated with a metal fabrication job shop.
Work Activities (include but not limited to):
- Basic set up and operation of HAAS vertical machining centers
- Operate CNC lathe
- Operate vertical tilt frame saw
- Manual machining
- Operate other metal fabrication equipment
- Move or lift heavy objects
- Use hand or power tools, (hand grinder for de-burring)
- Read prints, and use precision measuring tools to verify conformance to specifications
- Operate forklift to move material, parts, or equipment
- Plan or organize work
Requires standing and moving around throughout entire shift. Requires lifting up to 40 pounds regularly and up to 80 pounds occasionally. Requires paying attention to what is going on with the parts and machinery. Requires being exact or highly accurate; may run several machines at one time. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment including steel toed boots/shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- Operation of vertical machining center
- Familiar with HAAS
- Familiar with sawing operations
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 12:30pm – 11:00pm