Opening for a seasoned Tekla Designer / Drafter at Astro Engineering and Manufacturing, a custom metal fabrication shop located in Hanover, MN. Must be proficient in Tekla for modeling and detailing of projects for miscellaneous metals in construction.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Transform an initial product concept or work off Architectural dwgs to create 3D models using Tekla.
· Create manufacturing working drawings from 3D models which include dimensions, isometric, and exploded views along with information required to manufacture.
· Detailing Stairs, handrail, miscellaneous metals & ornamental metals. Comply with all applicable codes and contract specifications.
· Create Approval, Fabrication, Erection drawings and Bill of Materials for misc. metal projects.
· Modifies existing designs based on Project Manager requirements.
· Processes ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) and update documentation.
· Check/redline the work of other Steel Detailers.
· Work within engineering team to prepare jobs for shop release
Associate Degree in Drafting or a related field of engineering.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be proficient in Tekla
· Must be familiar with manufacturing processes related to machining, sheet metal, and welding.
· Must be proficient in designing parts, weldments, and sheet metal parts.
· Must have strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
· Must have strong basic computer skills and a competent level of experience in MS Word and Excel.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work well in a team environment
· Must have mechanical aptitude for how industrial / architectural products are assembled.
· Good verbal and written communication skills and must have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
· Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.
· Work with project Engineers and Architects to interpret/resolve design issues.
· Work closely with Fabrication to interpret/resolve layout and/or detail issues.
· Perform field measurements to translate into custom layouts and fabrication drawings, as required.